Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mission Accomplished

The sample sale on Saturday was amazing, I was glowing afterwards. I don't get to meet customers as often as Stacy does and it's an important act. The sun was shining and I installed square so my cc transactions were super easy (gone are the days of writing down cc's and billing addresses in our receipt books). One lady bribed her two kids to drive from Petaluma to dig the bins.  Another told me she owned 8 classic dresses and they have changed her life. We hugged. I watched customers babies while they tried clothes. My friend Tracy drove by in her Fire Engine yelling my name! One faithful customer told me she almost dug the bins at our last sale on her wedding day. Instead one of her friends went and shopped for her quickly before the ceremony. This made my jaw drop. It made me really miss San Francisco of course but happy to be making clothes. 




All against the backdrop of the Isso store! They have the best mix of vintage and original cut and sew. So much one of a kind goodness. Marie and Ivy the proprietresses have always been so kind to us over the years. They defy every kind of fashion stereotype there is.  Back in 2005 during our first trade show in Vegas, they personally walked over all kinds of buyers to see our lines and helped us get our first sales. This is unheard of. They've been helping us ever since and I simply adore them. 

xo,

Deirdre

No comments: