Monday, March 9, 2009

The February Blur

After what seemed to be never ending running around to finish our Fall '09 samples, I was finally off to Project in Las Vegas (2/16 - 2/19)

While staying at the luxurious Luxor, we were inundated with this poster of Criss Angel. Not only was it all over the entrance of the hotel and every elevator, but when we'd get back to our room every night the message light on our phone was blinking. Yep, a Criss Angel recording awaited us. Just in case we didn't get the memo he had a show there.
Of course, the fever hit me and I became obsessed with him and his hardcore pose.
Must win car. Must see show. With my non-stop preaching of the Criss Angel gospel, Amedee soon followed suit. 
While at the tradehows, I don't leave the booth much. I left for 5 minutes to get one of the free manicures down the aisle and was immediately called back to the booth for assistance. No mani and no one at the booth by the time I got back. Figures. 
This is our showroom booth. Our mannequin is the one on the right.
With 6 hours to kill until my flight to NY, I was not only lucky enough to catch the most rockin' rock band, Aquarius, play at a lounge in Mandalay Bay, but I also got to watch this couple grope and make-out to every song played by the rockin' cover band. I never knew AC/DC & Def Leppard could be so romantic.

Goodbye Vegas.

Hello New York.

I was here to do the Coterie show. I took a red-eye landing myself in the big apple at 8am. I headed directly to the East Village to pick-up my NY wifey, who had hangers and our She-bible sign, and then go right to Pier 90 to set up the booth. 

Unlike Project in Vegas where we show as a sh0wroom, at Coterie we have our own little 10' x 8' booth. 
After a long and semi-stressful morning (our mannequin didn't show up and tensions were running high), it was time for a nap and then dinner at Mamas! Fried Chicken over mac n' cheese - YES PLEASE!

Nerds.


I passed through Grand Central for the first time. It was beautiful.
We had a glass of wine at a bar inside called Oyster. I fell in love with the logo.

NY was full of fun. Dinners and friends and relaxed good times, but it was back to SF to catch up on life.
And what good timing. It dumped a foot of snow in a blizzard 2 days after I left. I guess NY was bummed to see me leave.

On another note, our Spring is trickling in. Items will be for sale on the site soon so stayed tuned.

xx
Stacy

1 comment:

muchtoomuch said...

yay so fun, NYC does miss you!