Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lady Trip

 For my birthday I took off to Santa Monica/Venice to visit my dear friend Sarita. She has made quite a lovely life for herself there.  Upon arrival I was greeted by one of her amazing friends, Saetha who made me this fantastic pie, accompanied by the real deal whip cream. This girl dove straight into my heart. After all we'd never met!


There were lots of long walks on the beach, spontaneous naps and coffee trips to Intelligentsia on Abbot Kinney.  Sarita mandated a trip to the Venice Canals at dusk, and I always trust this lady. Imagine most houses on the canals with their deck doors open, and the white wine aflowing. I longed to live there, or at the very least wedge my pregnant belly through those enchanting deck doors to get a closer look.



You can't see the just married sign here, but these two were quite a vision. We found out later they had been married twelve years and were just taking the newlyweds canoe for a test ride.

There was lots of eclectic charm on the canals, signs like "hippies use side door"and inspiring beachy gardens. This house pretty much sums it up though. Part of my heart was eating up these scenes, and the other slice was ready for another piece of that darn pie.


xx,

deirdre

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pics. i only just saw these houses a little while ago for the first time. yeah - i want to live there too!