Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh my Minnesota!

I've just returned from a 5 day jaunt to Hastings, Minnesota! It was high-time to introduce my son Julian to his Great Grandma, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins. Julian was awesome, he fell asleep right before take off, truly taking after his mama.


There were long dinners, drives, unexpected meetings with old friends, baffling road construction and lots of Wii games. The major heartbreak is our overly friendly child lept into all of their arms except his Great Grandma Dorothy (88 years young). We will return soon for another visit just to remedy this! I can't wait until I can demand compliance....

Day three we checked out Edina - a cute little suburb of Minneapolis. Linda, our host fixed us the most delightful sandwiches with her homemade pickles. We took a walk around her cute neighborhood, and I dipped in for a quick drink here with the Nagayama brothers. Always a good time with these two, for certain there will be some sports and bathroom talk. Well and the best laugh this side of the Mississippi.






I have to say that this trip once again reaffirmed that people in the Midwest are beyond nice. I know i'm generalizing here but after growing up in a big city the difference is palpable. We had nothing but love and sweet interactions with all those we encountered.

It's back to the grind for me (I should be asleep!) so I will leave you with Grandma's Dorothy's needlepoint which pretty much sums up my current condition.


xx,

deirdre

No comments: